Street Fighter 5 Terminology
Not sure what everything means?
On this page we will tell you about these. On the character moves pages certain information will be used. Most of it should explain itself. But a few might need an explanation. Look below to find out what every motion and term means.
Hopefully this will help you out!
LP = Light Punch
MP = Medium Punch
HP = Hard Punch
LK = Light Kick
MK = Medium Kick
HK = Hard Kick
P = Any Punch
K = Any Kick
PP/KK = EX Version
S. = Standing
C. = Crouching
F = Forward
B = Back
CC = Crush Counter
CA = Critical Art
(C) = Charge
QCF = Quarter Circle Forward / Down, Down-Forward, Forward
QCB = Quarter Circle Back / Down,Down-Back, Back
HCB = Half Circle Back / Forward To Down To Back
HCF = Half Circle Forward / Back To Down To Back
DP = Dragon Punch Motion = Forward, Down, Down-Forward
V = V-Trigger Cancel
xx = Cancel
/ = Means “Or”
+ = Same time
~ = Right after the other
*cancelable into CA
you can juggle a CA after qcb lk
FRAME DATA INFORMATION
- Startup: The amount of frames it takes before the first active frame of the move start.
- Active: How many frames the attack will be active.
- Recovery: This is the amount of frames it takes to recover from doing an attack.
- On Hit: How many frames quicker or slower you can act then you’re opponent if you hit the attack.
- On Block: How many frames quicker or slower you can act then you’re opponent if the attack gets blocked.
- V – On Hit: On what frame you can cancel an attack into V-Trigger on hit.
- V – On Block: On what frame you can cancel an attack into V-Trigger on block.
- Damage: How much damage an attack does.
- Stun: The amount of stun the opponent will receive if the attack hits.
- Cancels Into: What kind of move your attack can be cancelled in to.
- Meter Gain (Whiff/Hit): How much meter you gain when you wiff (miss) or hit an attack.
- Properties: If the attack hits low, mid, high or if it is a throw.
- Projectile Nullification: If the attack goes trough/absorbs a projectile from to opponent.
- Airborne Hurtbox: On what frame the attack does damage to airborne opponent attacks.
- Comments: Additional information about the attack.
- KD Adv: How many frames you recover before the opponent if he uses no recovery option.
- KDR Adv: How many frames you recover before the opponent if he uses quick rise.
- KDRB Adv: How many frames you recover before the opponent if he uses back rise.